The Wisconsin Disability Vote Coalition invites you to join us as we participate in National Disability Voter Registration Week (NDVRW) from September 13-20, 2021. NDVRW is a national, nonpartisan campaign to register, educate, and prepare voters with disabilities to vote in upcoming elections. NDVRW is coordinated by the American Association of People with Disabilities’ (AAPD) REV UP Voting Campaign. REV UP stands for Register! Educate! Vote! Use your Power!
Join us to raise the disability voice and encourage civic participation! Here’s how to get involved:
September 14th Voter Registration Webinar
As we participate in National Disability Voter Registration Week, join the Wisconsin Disability Vote Coalition for a webinar on everything you need to know about registering to vote, why voting matters and making a plan to vote.
The webinar is scheduled for Tuesday, September 14, from 9:00 – 10:00 am Central.
- View the Voter Registration webinar recording here (YouTube).
- View meeting materials and event information for the Voter Registration webinar here.
- View the webinar flyer here: September 14 Webinar Flyer (accessible pdf).
September 17th Voter Registration Webinar for Service Providers
Join the Wisconsin Disability Vote Coalition and our partners for our National Disability Voter Registration Week webinar for service providers. We will share guidance and resources to help you support those you serve with voter registration, and obtaining photo ID. Service providers can make a big difference by assisting with voter registration.
The service providers webinar is scheduled for Friday, September 17th, from 12:00 – 1:00pm Central.
- View the Service Providers webinar recording here (YouTube).
- View meeting materials and event information for the Service Providers webinar here.
- View the webinar flyer here: September 17 Webinar for Service Providers Flyer (accessible pdf).
Stay tuned for more information including our Voter Registration Toolkit coming soon!
Other Ways to Get Involved
Join Us to Promote Voter Registration:
- Social Media: Like and share Wisconsin Disability Vote Coalition posts on Facebook.
- Voter Registration Status: Check your voter registration status on MyVoteWisconsin. If you aren’t registered to vote, register now through the My Vote Wisconsin site! If you are registered, make sure your information is current.
- Voter Registration Events: Host a voter registration event with a community partner.
- Contact the League of Women Voters in your area and ask them to partner with you! You can see a list of local leagues here via their website.
- Ask the Disability Vote Coalition to help you organize an event and share materials. Email us at email@example.com or call the DRW Voter Hotline at 844-347-8683 for assistance and information.
- Ask your Municipal Clerk if they can help you with a voter registration event. Find your local clerk at MyVoteWisconsin here.
- Supporting People with Disabilities: If you support people with disabilities, develop a plan to help with voter registration. Attend our September 17th webinar to learn more!
- Sharing NDVRW Information: Want to share the information in this post in a newsletter with your organization and audiences? View an adaptable template here (accessible Word document).
- Voter Registration Toolkit: For a list of resources, view our Voter Registration Resources Toolkit here.
For answers to questions and more voting resources, contact the DRW Voter Hotline via phone at 844-347-8683 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.