The Wisconsin Disability Vote Coalition (WDVC) is a non-partisan effort to help ensure full participation in the entire electoral process of voters with disabilities, including registering to vote, casting a vote, and accessing polling places.
Disability Vote Coalition Goals
- Educate the disability community about voting rights and access issues.
- Increase voter turnout among people with disabilities and their allies.
- Let elected officials know that people with disabilities are engaged voters.
- Encourage organizations to conduct local get-out-the-vote drives and outreach.
Disability Vote Coalition Leadership
- The coalition is a project of Disability Rights Wisconsin (DRW) and Wisconsin Board for People with Developmental Disabilities (BPDD). It is staffed by DRW, in partnership with BPDD.
- The Coalition Steering Committee meets monthly, and is forming new subcommittees. Participating organizations include People First, Access to Independence, Wisconsin Council of the Blind and Visually Impaired, Special Olympics of Wisconsin, NAMI Wisconsin, and many more!
You are invited to become a member of Wisconsin Disability Vote Coalition.
- Sign up on our website OR
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call DRW at 414-773-4646 to request information
- Disability Vote Coalition Facebook
- Disability Rights Wisconsin Voter Hotline: 844-DIS-VOTE/ 844-347-8683