- Educate the disability community about voting rights and access issues.
- Increase voter turnout among people with disabilities and their allies.
- Let elected officials know that people with disabilities are engaged voters.
- Encourage organizations to conduct local get-out-the-vote drives and outreach.
- The coalition is a project of Disability Rights Wisconsin (DRW) and Wisconsin Board for People with Developmental Disabilities (BPDD). It is staffed by DRW, in partnership with BPDD.
- The Coalition Steering Committee meets monthly, and is forming new subcommittees. Participating organizations include People First, Access to Independence, Wisconsin Council of the Blind and Visually Impaired, Special Olympics of Wisconsin, NAMI Wisconsin, and many more!
Disability Rights Wisconsin Voter Hotline
Become a Member
The Wisconsin Disability Vote Coalition (WDVC) is a non-partisan effort to help ensure full participation in the entire electoral process of voters with disabilities, including registering to vote, casting a vote, and accessing polling places.