Wisconsin Courts Matter: Wisconsin 2023 Elections
Thursday February 9th, 6:30 – 7:45 PM
Join the Disability Vote Coalition on Zoom to hear from our panel of experts about why Wisconsin Courts Matter. On February 21 and April 4, Wisconsin voters will decide who serves on our courts, including an open Wisconsin Supreme Court seat. The winning Supreme Court candidate will be appointed for a ten-year term. Depending on where you live, you may also vote for Court of Appeals or Circuit Court.
State courts make decisions that affect our rights and liberties. They address issues like voting rights, education, mental health, access to healthcare, employment rights, guardianships, and more. Join us on February 9th to make sure you are prepared to vote.
Janine P. Geske, former Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice
Monica Murphy, Civil Rights Attorney
Martha Chambers, disability rights advocate
About Our Speakers
Click here to read the bios of all our speakers.
- Watch the Wisconsin Courts Matter Virtual Forum recording via Youtube.
- View Wisconsin Courts Matter: FAQ and Resources here (accessible PDF).
Resources for the 2023 Spring Elections
- Voter Toolkit – 2023 Elections – Wisconsin Disability Vote Coalition
- Make Your Plan to Vote 2023 Fact Sheet – Wisconsin Disability Vote Coalition
- My Vote Wisconsin: Register, check your voter status or request an absentee ballot at myvote.wi.gov.
- Vote411.org: nonpartisan information about the candidates
Voter Fact Sheets
Resources about Voting Rights, Guardianship, and Restoring the Right to Vote, Disability Rights Wisconsin
Disability Rights Wisconsin Voter Hotline
- Phone Number: 844-DIS-VOTE/ 844-347-8683
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org