Wisconsin legislators have introduced some voting bills that may make it harder for people with disabilities and older adults to vote. A hearing on some bills is tentatively scheduled for later in the week. It is important that policy-makers hear from voters with disabilities, older adults, and their allies.
Join us on Tuesday April 13th on Zoom to learn about the bills and how you can share your concerns with policymakers and the media. Let’s work together to ask policymakers to support accessible and inclusive elections.
Join the Wisconsin Disability Vote Coalition and our partners for this Zoom Training.
WHEN: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 12 noon – 1 PM
WHERE: Register for this Zoom training below.
- Barbara Beckert, Disability Rights Wisconsin
- Kyle Kleist, CIL Western Wisconsin
- Jenny Neugart, Wisconsin Board for People with Developmental Disabilities
- Janet Zander, Greater Wisconsin Agency on Aging Resources, Inc.
- Learn more about the public hearings on April 14 and 15 for bills that can make voting difficult for people with disabilities and older adults via the DVC’s Public Policy Update here (accessible pdf).
- View the Voter Advocacy Training Presentation here (accessible PDF).
Captioning and ASL interpreters will be provided. To request other accommodations, please contact Barbara Beckert at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday April 9. We will do our best to honor all requests.